Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
At the Grade 8 Level all students will come to the Library Learning Commons to work with the Teacher-Librarian to complete:
- a Library Learning Commons and Technology Orientation
- a communication lesson. Learning to send e-mails with an awareness of audience, sending attachments etc.
- an introductory lesson on assessing digital resources using the CARS template.
- an introductory lesson on paraphrasing
At the Grade 9 Level all students will work with the Teacher-Librarian on a Digital Literacy project that will focus on:
- students learning MLA style of quoting and citation
- students learning research strategies and how to use an academic search engine
- students learning how to create effective powerpoints and presentations
- students learning about Digital Law, Digital Rights & Responsibilities, and Digital Security
- students learning how to do a technology audit and reflect on their on own digital footprint and technology use.