7 Week Program for Youth Ages 13-18 - Teaching Tools to Manage Stress & Anxiety
A great provincial wide program that will be delivered on Zoom this fall to youth ages 13-18 :)
Parkgate Society has been working in partnership with the YMCA to deliver this prevention program to individuals that may be experiencing mild-moderate levels of anxiety or stress.
About this Event:
Everyone experiences stress and anxiety sometimes, but for many, these emotions can become overwhelming and begin to interfere with daily life. This mental wellness program, for youth ages 13-18, teaches tools for managing anxiety, stress, and other difficult emotions. The program incorporates art, music, group discussions, and mindfulness practice to create a fun and dynamic way to learn about mental health.
To learn more about what the program has to offer, you must register for a mandatory information session by contacting either Erika or Shakila, the Y-Mind facilitators :)
* This program will be online using the video-conferencing application, Zoom.
* 7 weekly sessions (Wednesdays, Oct. 21st- Dec. 2nd); 4:00pm - 5:30pm
* No cost to participate
* Facilitated by 2 trained youth workers
* Group sessions of 8-12 youth
* Youth interested in participating must attend a virtual information session.
* Parents/guardians may also attend the information session, but youth interested in participating must be present.
Shakila Amiri ~ she/her/hers ~
Youth Outreach Worker
tel 604.983.6379 ⚫ cell 778.885.9583
Introducing Foundry's Virtual Services
Foundry is working to ensure all young people across the province have access to the care and support they need.
As a result a number of Foundry's services are now available virtually.
See the document below for details.
Please find below a letter regarding CYMH intakes from the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
Page 2 includes a list of helpful links.