1. What is the history behind this celebration?
2. When is the Day of the Dead celebrated? Why?
3. What does the Day of the Dead celebrate?
Day of the Dead - History
1. Where is the alter set up?
2. What items are placed in the alter? why?
3. How does an alter for a child vary from one for an adult that has deceased?
Day of the Dead - Alter
1. What are the main food items prepared for the celebration of the Day of the Dead?
2. What informs the choice of food that is made?
3. What type of food is prepared for the souls of children (los angelitos)?
4. What drinks are essential or this celebration?
5. What is "Pan de Muerto"?
Day of the Dead - Food
1. What fundamental difference exists between the Day of the Dead celebration and Halloween?
2. Compare and contrast the activities people engage in for the Day of the Dead and Halloween?
3. How did Christianity influence the celebrations of the Day of the Dead and Halloween?
Comparing Halloween & the Day of the Dead
The Story of Halloween
1. Explain the days activities and the order in which they take place.
2. What do families do at their household to celebrate the Day of the Dead?
3. What happens at the cemeteries? Explain what families do at the cemeteries to celebrate and honor the deceased?
Day of the Dead - Events