Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MLA (Modern Language Association)
At Carson Graham we use MLA (Modern Language Association) style referencing for the following subjects: English, Languages, Social Studies
To reference sources in MLA style, use NoodleTools! and do 2 things:
- Write a Works Cited list - a bibliography in MLA style
- Cite your sources in-text
MLA Referencing Video for Mr. Dawson's Class!
- Click on the blue “Register” tab.
- For the School, type carsoneagles For the School/Library password, type: eagles20 and click on “Continue”
- Select your Expected year of graduation from the menu
- Choose a Personal ID – Use your login (for the computers) as your ID
- Type your birthdate as your password: YYYYMMDD (for students NEW to Carson, it’s SYYYYMMDD$)
- Under Easy Login Retrieval, type in your first and last initials ie) JB for James Bond
- Type in the LAST 4 digits of a phone number. (These details will help us to look up your account in case you forget your login/password)
- Click on “Register”
- Congratulations, you now have your own NoodleTools account!
Carson Library Books on MLA
MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing by
Call Number: 808 MLA
Publication Date: 2008-01-01
A Writer's Reference with Exercises by
Call Number: 808 HAC
Publication Date: 2010-11-30
Carson Graham Policy for Academic Honesty & Personal Integrity
Citation: A (Very) Brief Introduction
Reliable Internet Sources on MLA
Research Note Taking Strategies