APA Style Citation Page
What are you looking for?
Always try to find the following information:
- author, (last name, first name)
- complete title of book
- title of article or page
- volume or edition number
- publisher name or organization and where it was published
- date of publication
- date of access
- Citations always appear at the end of your paper on a separate page entitled References.
- Order alphabetically by author’s last name (the name is inverted). If there is no author given, begin your citation with the name of the primary source/article.
- The date of the work goes in parenthesis. It is located after the author’s name and before the title.
- Each entry begins at the left margin, and second and later lines are indented five spaces.This is known as a hanging indent.
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Italicize titles of longer works such as books and journals. Do not italicize, underline, or put quotes around the titles of shorter works such as journal articles or essays in edited collections.
- Capitalize all major words in journal titles. When referring to books, chapters, articles, or web pages, capitalize only the first letter of the first word of a title and subtitle, the first word after a colon or a dash in the title, and proper nouns.
- APA style requires that you add the URL at the end of the reference.
- The division of author, title, publishing information and date are separated by periods.